Low Carb French Toast
Small batch perfectly cirsp french toast!
357 Calories: 18.7P/54.3C/3.8F
- ▪ 1 Loaf Lewis Bakeshop 1/2 Loaf Texas Toast
▪ 1 Cup Liquid Egg Whites
▪ 1 Cup Almond Milk
▪ 3-4 Teaspoons Stevia
▪ 3-4 Teaspoons Cinnamon
▪ 2-3 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
▪ Chocolate Hummus
▪ Fresh Strawberries & Blueberries
▪ Walden Farms Zero Calorie Blueberry Syrup
1. Spray and wamr a large pan over medium heat
2. Whisk together all ingredients, except toast, then dunk & cover either side of break before placing in pan
❗ To get a little extra crunch, line a baking sheet and pop the bread in the broiler for a few minutes after coking in the pan. Can also pop them into the toaster once cooked instead of the broiler
3. Top with your favorite toppings. If you have leftovers--store them in the fridge and pop the slices in the toaster or oven to get that crunch back!
Buy It & Try It
Walden Farms Zero Calorie Blueberry Syrup
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store: By the pancake mixes and syrups
1. There's really not enough good things I could say about this product! The flavor is amazing, it's great to add to your oats, fruit, pancakes, or cookie batter & it's zero calories!
2. They not only have different flavor syrups, but also have ketchup, peanut spread, coffee creamer, salad dressing and so much more
To check out all their products, head over to their website
Lewis 1/2 Loaf Bread
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $2-$4
Where In The Store: Bread aisle/section
1. Honestly whoever thought of this is genius! This is the perfect solution if you live alone, are going on a short trip, or just want to buy a specific flavor of bread to make a specific recipe like french toast!
2. You get 1/2 a loaf of bread (they also make hot dog buns, english muffins, etc) which you can easily freeze or use right away. The flavors are spot on and something I'm always grabbing for. In my house we love to have a bunch of different bread (multi-grain, texas toast, etc) so buying these halfies really saves us room and saves us from wasting product!
Liquid Egg Whites
Store I Purchase At: Aldi
Typical Price: $3-$5
Where In The Store: Seasoning section
1. Every time I go grocery shopping this is something that I'm throwing in my cart! Great to add to whole eggs for breakfast or as a replacement for whole eggs in baking!
2. You can pretty much get liquid egg whites at any grocery store these days but I stick with Aldi because the flavor/product is consistent and the pricing is always the best when compared to the competition