Simple & Healthy Taco Meat & Slaw
198 Calories: P/C/9F
- ▪ 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Diced Onion
▪ 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Diced Peppers
▪ 1 Pound Ground Lean Chicken or Pork
▪ 1/2 A Head Of Cabbage
▪ 1/8-1/4 Cup White Vinegar
▪ Garlic Powder
▪ Black Pepper
▪ Taco Seasoning Packet
▪ Salt (ONLY FOR CABBAGE)
1. Spray and warm a medium sized pan before adding onion and pepper and browning
2. Add and crumble meat, season with everything except the taco seasoning--No Salt because the seasoning packet has a good amount already
3. When the meat is fully cooked, add the taco seasoning packet and 1/2-3/4 cup water, cover, and lower heat to simmer for 7-10 minutes
4. Uncover meat and let the liquid thicken, continue to mix every few minutes. Cook for another 4-5 minutes before removing from heat
5. For the slaw, shred cabbage, add vinegar, and salt to taste
Buy It & Try It
Signature Kitchens Frozen Diced Onion
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $1-$3
Where In The Store: Frozen veggies aisle
1. If you're anything like me, cutting onions leaves you sobbing and your eyes burning! Well I'm here to tell you that frozen diced onions are here to save your life!
2. I've tried to chop onions myself and freeze them and they always smell up the entire kitchen--these have no smell and are so easy to pop into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They defrost super quick and crisp up just like fresh onions would
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $1-$4 depending on size packet you get!
Where In The Store: Seasoning packet section
1. You will always find a huge bag of this seasoning sitting in my kitchen cabinet! Definitely one of my go-to's as it has great flavor and can take pretty much any ground meat and make it into a super juicy and flavorful meal!
2. In general, for a pound of meat you want to use 3 tbsp of seasoning and about 1/4-1/2 cup water and just let it all simmer together for 10-15 minutes!
3. You can buy individual packets of this stuff just to try it out but once you get hooked just know they sell a huge bag that has a large amount of servings in it which ends up being a better value!