Sweet Potato Egg-White Taco
Sweet potatoes aren't just for dinner time!
380 Calories: 40P/19C/16F
- ▪ Cooking Spray
▪ 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
▪ 60 Grams Sweet Potato
▪ 15 Chopped Frozen Onions
▪ 130 Grams Liquid Egg Whites or 2 Whole Eggs
▪ 1 Cup/Handful Of Spinach
▪ 2 Egg Life Egg White wraps
▪ 2-3 Ounces Sliced Turkey Breast
▪ 40-60 Grams Avocado (1/2 a medium avocado)
▪ Garlic Powder
▪ Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
▪ Ground Black Pepper
▪ Everything Bagel Seasoning (cut down on sea salt if using this as it has salt in it)
1. Chop or place frozen chopped sweet potatoes and onion into medium sized, warmed with olive oil, pan. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes, mixing ever few minutes
2. Once potatoes are cooked through (can easily put a fork through) add spinach to pan and cook until spinach is cooked down then remove from heat, place in a bowl, and set aside
3. Add eggs to pan, season and scramble. While eggs are cooking, microwave two egg life tortillas for 10 seconds
4. Once eggs are fully cooked, place turkey, eggs, and potato mixture into each tortilla
Buy It & Try It
Signature Kitchens Frozen Diced Onion
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $1-$3
Where In The Store: Frozen veggies aisle
1. If you're anything like me, cutting onions leaves you sobbing and your eyes burning! Well I'm here to tell you that frozen diced onions are here to save your life!
2. I've tried to chop onions myself and freeze them and they always smell up the entire kitchen--these have no smell and are so easy to pop into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They defrost super quick and crisp up just like fresh onions would
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Store I Purchase At: Aldi
Typical Price: $1-$3
Where In The Store: Seasoning section
1. By now I'm sure we're all obsessed with this seasoning! For me, Aldi has the best flavor and the best price when it comes down to it!
2. I have seen a lot of "everything bagel" seaoning at Tj Maxx or Homegoods in larger packaging and relatively low prices but I'm here to warn you and say, not all everything bagel seasonings are created equal!
3. I have heard people obsess over Trader Joes version--I think it's pretty much the same, Aldi just has better pricing!
Egg Life Wraps
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons), Mariano's, Sunset Foods
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store:Typically by the eggs
1. Whether you're trying to find low-carb wrap options or are just looking to get more protein into your diet these things are my favorite option and they come in 4 different flavors!
2. Hands down the best alternative I've found! They don't rip or crumble easily like the competitors
3. I typically will buy the plain flavor just because that allows me to play around with them and make sweet and savory recipes!