Chocolate Peanut Butter Nut Pancakes
Taking traditional pancakes to the dark side!
364 Calories: 24P/40C/12F
- ▪ 52 Grams Dark Chocolate Kodiak Cakes + 1/4-1/2 Cup Water
▪ 10 Grams Chia Seeds
▪ 16 Grams Powdered Peanut Butter + 1-2 Tablespoons Water
▪ 5 Grams Shredded Coconut
▪ 5 Grams Sliced Almonds
▪ 5 Grams Vegan or Regulard Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Prep a medium sized pan by lightly spraying and warming over medium heat
2. combine pancake mix, 1/4-1/2 cup water and chia seeds to form batter--let sit for 3-5 minutes to thicken a bit
3. Pour 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into pan at a time. Cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping andcooking for an additional 1-3 minutes
4. WHile pancakes are cooking, combine powdered peanut butter and water to form glaze. Add a little bit of water a time--if you add too much either add more powder or let mixture sit for a few minutes and it should thicken up
5. Once pancakes are prepped, top with glaze, coconut, almonds, and mini chocolate chips
Buy It & Try It
Kodiak Cakes Flapjack/Waffle Mix
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store: Pancake mix aisle
1. Kodiak Cakes is by far the best protein pancake and waffle mix you'll find out there! There are so many flavors available and they also make a variety of products (cornbread muffins, brownies, granola bars, teddy grahams, etc.)
2. Some of my favorite flavors are Buttermilk, Dark Chocolate, Honey & Whole Wheat, and Buttermilk & Chia
3. They're super active on social media so go check out their website to see all their products & give them a follow on IG--they're always doing contests and fun stuff!
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Tj Maxx/Homegoods
Typical Price: $2-$5
Where In The Store: Baking aisle (Aldi) or snack section (Tj/Homegoods)
1. You'll quickly learn that chia seeds are something I'm throwing on top of or mixing into my food daily! Great for digestion/gut health and adds a little something to your recipes!
2. I usually purchase at Aldi but you can find endless packages of chia seeds at Tj Maxx and Homegoods for super cheap as well so if I'm already there I'll usually pick up a package
3. When mixing chia seeds with your food a tip I have would be to let it sit in the batter or with some sort of liquid for 5-10 minutes. You'll notice it starts to absorb some of the liquid and the seeds become less gritty and more like a super mini bobba!
Enjoy Life Chocolate Minis
Store I Purchase At: Aldi
Typical Price: $3-$5
Where In The Store:Organic or baking aisle
1. If you're vegan or have any other allergies, this brand is a really great and delicious option! Free of pretty much every allergy you could think of yet doesn't compromise the delicious taste of chocolate we all love!
2. They have everything from chocolate minis, chunks, bars, cookies, etc and most of their products can be found in the organic section at Jewel!