Low Fat Pepper Jack Egg White Tacos
Breakfast tacos, protein style
396 Calories: 26P/37C/16F
- ▪ Cooking Spray
▪ 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
▪ 15 Grams Chopped Frozen Onions
▪ 150 Grams Potatoes O'Brien
▪ 75 Grams Frozen California Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
▪ 1 Cup/Handful Of Spinach
▪ 100 Grams Liquid Egg Whites
▪ 1 Egg Life Egg White Wrap
▪ 1 Low Fat Pepper Jack Laughing Cow Cheese Triangle
▪ 40-60 Grams Avocado (1/2 a medium avocado)
▪ 50-60 Grams Cherrub Tomatoes
▪ Garlic Powder
▪ Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
▪ Ground Black Pepper
▪ Everything Bagel Seasoning (cut down on sea salt if using this as it has salt in it)
1. Warm a medium sized and lightly sprayed pan over medium heat then place chopped/frozen onions on potatoes into pan. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until browning begins
2. Uncover and place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into pan. Cook potatoes and onions for another 3-4 minutes then add in frozen vegetables and seasonings. Cook until potatoes are at desired crispiness. Remove from heat and plate, set aside.
3. Pour egg whites and spinach into pan and scramble--season while cooking
4. While eggs are cooking, warm 1 egg life tortilla in the microwave for 10 seconds then spread pepper jack cheese ontop
5. Once eggs are cooked, tope tortilla with egg and spinach mixture and plate
6. Top tortilla with avocado and tomato
Buy It & Try It
Egg Life Wraps
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons), Mariano's, Sunset Foods
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store:Typically by the eggs
1. Whether you're trying to find low-carb wrap options or are just looking to get more protein into your diet these things are my favorite option and they come in 4 different flavors!
2. Hands down the best alternative I've found! They don't rip or crumble easily like the competitors
3. I typically will buy the plain flavor just because that allows me to play around with them and make sweet and savory recipes!
Signature Kitchens Frozen Diced Onion
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $1-$3
Where In The Store: Frozen veggies aisle
1. If you're anything like me, cutting onions leaves you sobbing and your eyes burning! Well I'm here to tell you that frozen diced onions are here to save your life!
2. I've tried to chop onions myself and freeze them and they always smell up the entire kitchen--these have no smell and are so easy to pop into your breakfast, lunch, or dinner! They defrost super quick and crisp up just like fresh onions would
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Store I Purchase At: Aldi
Typical Price: $1-$3
Where In The Store: Seasoning section
1. By now I'm sure we're all obsessed with this seasoning! For me, Aldi has the best flavor and the best price when it comes down to it!
2. I have seen a lot of "everything bagel" seaoning at Tj Maxx or Homegoods in larger packaging and relatively low prices but I'm here to warn you and say, not all everything bagel seasonings are created equal!
3. I have heard people obsess over Trader Joes version--I think it's pretty much the same, Aldi just has better pricing!