Marlo Protein Oats
The OG oats that started it all
424 Calories: 31P/48C/12F
- ▪ 40 Grams Quick/Instant Oats
▪ 10 Grams Chia Seeds
▪ 10 Grams Sliced Almonds or 10 Grams Shredded Coconut (OR half and half)
▪ 10 Grams Chopped & Dried Dates
▪ 10 Grams Powdered Peanut Butter
▪ 25 Grams Walden Farms Blueberry Syrup
▪ 8oz Hot Water
▪ 170 Grams Pain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
▪ 100 Grams Fruit(s) of choice
▪ Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Combine oats, chia seeds, sliced almonds, dates, powdered peanut butter, and salt into a bowl before adding 8oz hot watter and whisking together
2. Place mixture in the freezer for 7-10 minutes to cool and allow chia seeds to absorb some liquid
3. While oats are cooling, wash and cut up fresh fruit of your choice & set aside
4. Once oats are cooled--add toppings. If prepping this ahead of time either add the toppings and refridgerate or keep fruit in a separate bowl and add the next day.
Buy It & Try It
Walden Farms Zero Calorie Blueberry Syrup
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store: By the pancake mixes and syrups
1. There's really not enough good things I could say about this product! The flavor is amazing, it's great to add to your oats, fruit, pancakes, or cookie batter & it's zero calories!
2. They not only have different flavor syrups, but also have ketchup, peanut spread, coffee creamer, salad dressing and so much more
To check out all their products, head over to their website
Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $3-$5
Where In The Store: Yogurt section
1. Great source of protein and probiotic! I love to buy plain because it's really a blank canvas--you can use it to make Tatziki sauce or add some syrup and fruit and make it super sweet!
2. Minimal carbs and no fat per serving and really just a blank canvas! You can flavor and use it however you want!
3. Don't limit yourself with this product--you can create cream sauces, cream cheese spreads, and even homemade biscuits!
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Tj Maxx/Homegoods
Typical Price: $2-$5
Where In The Store: Baking aisle (Aldi) or snack section (Tj/Homegoods)
1. You'll quickly learn that chia seeds are something I'm throwing on top of or mixing into my food daily! Great for digestion/gut health and adds a little something to your recipes!
2. I usually purchase at Aldi but you can find endless packages of chia seeds at Tj Maxx and Homegoods for super cheap as well so if I'm already there I'll usually pick up a package
3. When mixing chia seeds with your food a tip I have would be to let it sit in the batter or with some sort of liquid for 5-10 minutes. You'll notice it starts to absorb some of the liquid and the seeds become less gritty and more like a super mini bobba!