Protein Chocolate Bunny Pancakes
Here--we play with our food!
361 Calories: 23P/50C/10F
- ▪ 80 Grams Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Flapjack & Waffle Mix
▪ 1/3-1/2 Cup Water
▪ 10 Grams Chia Seeds
▪ 1/2 Tablespoon Dessert Hummus
▪ 8-10 Grams Shredded Coconut
▪ 10-15 Grams Blueberries
▪ 10-15 Grams Strawberries
1. Prep a medium sized pan by lightly spraying and warming over medium heat
2. Combine pancake mix, water, and chia seeds to form batter--let sit for a few minutes to allow chia seeds to absorb some liquid
3. Start by shaping each ear and foot using 1/8-1/4 cup of batter for each. Make sure the pan is warmed well to prevent batter from overspreading
4. The tail should be about a tablespoon and a half of batter in a circle shape
5. The body should be hte largest size and should use about 1/3 cup of batter--Pouring the batter into the middle of the pan then shaping it with a spoon helps form the perfect size and shape you need
6. Spread hummus on the tail and press into shredded coconut. Slice fruit and stick to feet with dessert hummus
7. Assemble bunny and top with your favorite syrup
Buy It & Try It
Kodiak Cakes Flapjack/Waffle Mix
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store: Pancake mix aisle
1. Kodiak Cakes is by far the best protein pancake and waffle mix you'll find out there! There are so many flavors available and they also make a variety of products (cornbread muffins, brownies, granola bars, teddy grahams, etc.)
2. Some of my favorite flavors are Buttermilk, Dark Chocolate, Honey & Whole Wheat, and Buttermilk & Chia
3. They're super active on social media so go check out their website to see all their products & give them a follow on IG--they're always doing contests and fun stuff!
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Tj Maxx/Homegoods
Typical Price: $2-$5
Where In The Store: Baking aisle (Aldi) or snack section (Tj/Homegoods)
1. You'll quickly learn that chia seeds are something I'm throwing on top of or mixing into my food daily! Great for digestion/gut health and adds a little something to your recipes!
2. I usually purchase at Aldi but you can find endless packages of chia seeds at Tj Maxx and Homegoods for super cheap as well so if I'm already there I'll usually pick up a package
3. When mixing chia seeds with your food a tip I have would be to let it sit in the batter or with some sort of liquid for 5-10 minutes. You'll notice it starts to absorb some of the liquid and the seeds become less gritty and more like a super mini bobba!
Tribe Dessert Hummus
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent Company: Alberstons)
Typical Price: $2-$5
Where In The Store: By the dips and hummus
1. If you haven't hopped on the dessert hummus train, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!? Tribe makes amazingly delicious flavors that I could literally just sit and eat with a spoon (and sometimes I do...shh)
2. Still made with chickpeas and super low calorie--this is my go to when topping my yogurt, oats, or fruit!
3. My absolute favorite flavors that I'm purchasing every week are cake batter and dark chocolate! They make a Pea not-butter flavor that's super delicious but there's others I've yet to try. Check out their website and instagram to see all the different flavors they have and any promotions they have going on!