Protein Cookie Butter Glaze Pancakes
The star of the show, Cookie Butter, will change your pancake game!
269 Calories: 14.3P/42.1C/4.8F
- ▪ 1 Small/Medium Banana (100-115g)
▪ 25 Grams Egg Whites
▪ 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
▪ 52 ML/Grams Vanilla Almond Milk or your choice of plant based milk
▪ 1 Serving Kodiak Cakes Whole Wheat Oat & Honey Flapjack Mix
▪ 1-2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
▪ 5-10 Grams Chia Seeds
▪ Melted Cookie Butter
▪ Fresh Strawberries & Blueberries
▪ Protein Glaze: 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Protein Powder & Dash of Almond Milk
1. Prep a medium sized pan by lighlty spraying and warming over medium heat
2. In a medium sized bowl, mash 1 banana before whisking in egg whites, protein powder, almond milk, pancake mix, and cinnamon
3. Once combined, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes before flipping and cooking other side
❗ The banana will cause these pancakes to have to cook for a bit longer than traditional pancakes would!
4. While pancakes are cooking, prep protein glaze and melt cookie butter in the microwave
5. Once pancakes are plated, top with chia seeds, protein glaze, and cookie butter!
Buy It & Try It
Bob's Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder With Chia and Probiotics (Vegan)
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $14-$18
Where In The Store: Organic or baking aisle
1. Since going dairy free this has been one of my staples! I love that it already has chia seeds in it because otherwise I would definitely adding them!
2. There is a chocolate vegan version available as well as whey protein powders
3. Overall this brand is amazing, they have everything from rolled oats to nutritional yeast, to egg replacer!
Liquid Egg Whites
Store I Purchase At: Aldi
Typical Price: $3-$5
Where In The Store: Seasoning section
1. Every time I go grocery shopping this is something that I'm throwing in my cart! Great to add to whole eggs for breakfast or as a replacement for whole eggs in baking!
2. You can pretty much get liquid egg whites at any grocery store these days but I stick with Aldi because the flavor/product is consistent and the pricing is always the best when compared to the competition
Kodiak Cakes Flapjack/Waffle Mix
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store: Pancake mix aisle
1. Kodiak Cakes is by far the best protein pancake and waffle mix you'll find out there! There are so many flavors available and they also make a variety of products (cornbread muffins, brownies, granola bars, teddy grahams, etc.)
2. Some of my favorite flavors are Buttermilk, Dark Chocolate, Honey & Whole Wheat, and Buttermilk & Chia
3. They're super active on social media so go check out their website to see all their products & give them a follow on IG--they're always doing contests and fun stuff!