High Protein PBBanana Quesadilla
- ▪ 2 Egg Life Egg White Wraps
▪ 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter or Cookie Butter
▪ 1 Large Banana
▪ 100-150g Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1. Coat one side of each wrap with 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
2. Mash half the banana and add on top of one peanut butter coated wrap & coin the remaining banana on top of the mash
3. Place remaining peanut butter on top. Warm a medium sized pan and place banana quesadilla in the pan and warm either side for 3-4 minutes each
4. Let cool before slicing--serve with greek yogurt for dipping
Buy It & Try It
Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $3-$5
Where In The Store: Yogurt section
1. Great source of protein and probiotic! I love to buy plain because it's really a blank canvas--you can use it to make Tatziki sauce or add some syrup and fruit and make it super sweet!
2. Minimal carbs and no fat per serving and really just a blank canvas! You can flavor and use it however you want!
3. Don't limit yourself with this product--you can create cream sauces, cream cheese spreads, and even homemade biscuits!
Egg Life Wraps
Store I Purchase At: Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons), Mariano's, Sunset Foods
Typical Price: $4-$5
Where In The Store:Typically by the eggs
1. Whether you're trying to find low-carb wrap options or are just looking to get more protein into your diet these things are my favorite option and they come in 4 different flavors!
2. Hands down the best alternative I've found! They don't rip or crumble easily like the competitors
3. I typically will buy the plain flavor just because that allows me to play around with them and make sweet and savory recipes!
Store I Purchase At: Trader Joes or Jewel Osco (Parent company: Albertsons)
Typical Price: $2-$4
Where In The Store: Nut butter aisle
1. If you haven't heard the hype around cookie butter, stop what you're doing and go pick some up right now! I go through a disgusting amount of containers of these each month because I just can't get enough! It's perfect to top your oats, ice cream, fruit, or toast with!
2. If you've ever tried a Biscoff cookie or had a spicy holiday cookie, that's pretty much cookie butter for you! It's amazing and has less fat than most of your nut butters! I will say it lacks the protein that most nut butters have but I refuse to give this stuff up!