Low Fat Peanut Butter Fruit Nachos
Nachos done sweet!
256 Calories: 4P/51C/4F
- ▪ 1 Medium Apple
▪ 1 Medium Banana
▪ 24 Grams Powdered peanut butter + 2-4 Teaspoons Water
▪ 7 Grams Cocoa Nibs
▪ 10 Grams Chia Seeds
1. Wash and chop apple into slices, peel and splice the banana, and plate
2. Combine powdered peanut butter with 1 tablespoons of water at a time until consistency of jarred peanut butter is created. Drizzle on top of banana and apple then top with cocoa nibs and chia seeds
Buy It & Try It
Store I Purchase At: Aldi or Tj Maxx/Homegoods
Typical Price: $2-$5
Where In The Store: Baking aisle (Aldi) or snack section (Tj/Homegoods)
1. You'll quickly learn that chia seeds are something I'm throwing on top of or mixing into my food daily! Great for digestion/gut health and adds a little something to your recipes!
2. I usually purchase at Aldi but you can find endless packages of chia seeds at Tj Maxx and Homegoods for super cheap as well so if I'm already there I'll usually pick up a package
3. When mixing chia seeds with your food a tip I have would be to let it sit in the batter or with some sort of liquid for 5-10 minutes. You'll notice it starts to absorb some of the liquid and the seeds become less gritty and more like a super mini bobba!
Store I Purchase At: Amazon or Tj Maxx/Homegoods
Typical Price: Depends on the size container you buy
Where In The Store: Snack/food section (Tj Maxx/Homegoods)
1. Peanut butter without all the fat! Now I'm not saying don't eat fat, we all need to consume a good amount each day, but powdered peanut butter gives you the abililty to add flavor to recipes or top your meals with peanut butter and save some calories!
2. The best advice I have when adding water to make a spread is to use a 2:1 ratio. Two parts powder, 1 part water. It's easy to make the spread super water by adding even a little bit too much water so it's really best to add a tiny bit at a time until the consistency is just right!
3. Sometimes the powder can lack a little bit of the sweetness you would get with a normal peanut butter spread so if that's the case, add a little bit of stevia and you got yourself a sweet and low fat peanut spread!